Entire IWE tested/working but CVs/DS spin at 10+ mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

booksix

Reaction score
I'm tracing a separate issue in my 07 EB EL and decided I needed to eliminate IWEs/CVs/Diff bearings, etc from the equation, so I rigged up my GoPro to see what is going on. I knew my IWEs worked (hold vacuum and can spin the wheel only) but the footage revealed that there is indeed some rotation. At 10mph and under neither CVs are seen spinning but once I creep up to about 10mph they start spinning (and DS, too, obviously). However, they do not appear to be spinning in sync with the wheels/tires and if I steer sharp they seems to slow down relative to tire speed (and even stop before the vehicle has stopped), so it definitely does not seem that are locking in at the IWE. I've also tested the entire system with a vac pump, starting at each IWE and working toward the actuator (IWE's held, lines held, check valves held, reservoir held, and the engine vac supply shows a solid 22 at several points in the system). Does anyone know what would cause this behavior? Also, The truck shifts great into 4H, 4L, and seemingly 4AWD, so I can't imagine the TC is not going into 2H (plus if the TC was stuck in 4 I'd think I would see engagement at all speeds, and there'd be no relative speed differences) but maybe...?

Last edited: