Epic Fail~Battery Corrosion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sooooo I decided to clean the corrosion off the Battery terminals... Easy fix right? Well it should have been except I managed to cause a bolt to go flying into the air and into the engine somewhere. I was thinking why can't a simple task just be easy! I was already annoyed I paid 6.81 at Napa for a stupid wire brush and now this! I searched my home for a replacement bolt settle for a screw that is a little bit to long but least it fits for now til I get a replacement! Lesson learned though what ever you do don't tap it to loosen corrosion your bolt may go flying into the air never to be found again. Also make sure to use Battery No Corrode Gel... works wonders! Thanks for reading!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what works great. COKE! not the powder... anyways. it dissolves all the green and white really good. and also tooth paste. then dielectric grease works great too. smear it all over and no problems.

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what works great. COKE! not the powder... anyways. it dissolves all the green and white really good. and also tooth paste. then dielectric grease works great too. smear it all over and no problems.

Wouldn't start for a second there, I was worried~ I didn't know about all the home remedies... I heard of coke but all I have here is Dr Pepper.lol Thanks for letting me know. :)

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All right!!! What's next on the to do list?
Nutting like listening to a women mechanic for once :)

:head3:
Next is the alarm system (I wont be installing that..lol) Then the cold air intake and new lights. (I will attempt these myself) I'll keep yall posted and take pictures.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
baking soda and water works. any soda works its the acid in soda that gets rid of it. same reason why pouring left over soda in toilet and letting it sit will clean it.

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
baking soda and water works. any soda works its the acid in soda that gets rid of it. same reason why pouring left over soda in toilet and letting it sit will clean it.

Oh cool see I never knew the reasoning....learn something new everyday... :)