Error codes and error codes and more error codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billycuth

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd replace the injectors at my cost when those are warrantied parts for another ~25K miles. But that's just me.

OP
OP
G

gigantapithic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
small block or short block? small block is what we all have in the expeditions. its a 4.6 and 5.4 motor. ford really doesnt have a big block anymore....

short block is if they are replacing your engine, the short block is the engine block with crank, pistons, connecting rods etc, just does not have heads, intake or any accessories. that would be a long block if they came with it.

Short block :)

I'm not sure I'd replace the injectors at my cost when those are warrantied parts for another ~25K miles. But that's just me.

Well the other option would have been to refuse to pay for them, at which point the dealer would have said "we've documented this as requiring replacement due to wear" (remember the extended warranty is because they may stick open or closed, not from normal wear). Once they've told me they need replaced "due to wear" they've pretty much covered their collective a$$es in case it happens again. By the time the car comes back I'll have been without for 26 days and considering the damage that one broken fuel injector caused, I'm not about to risk it happening again just to argue over a few hundred dollars.

OP
OP
G

gigantapithic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
small block or short block? small block is what we all have in the expeditions. its a 4.6 and 5.4 motor. ford really doesnt have a big block anymore....

short block is if they are replacing your engine, the short block is the engine block with crank, pistons, connecting rods etc, just does not have heads, intake or any accessories. that would be a long block if they came with it.

Short block :)

Well the other option would have been to refuse to pay for them, at which point the dealer would have said "we've documented this as requiring replacement due to wear" (remember the extended warranty is because they may stick open or closed, not from normal wear). Once they've told me they need replaced "due to wear" they've pretty much covered their collective a$$es in case it happens again. By the time the car comes back I'll have been without for 26 days and considering the damage that one broken fuel injector caused, I'm not about to risk it happening again just to argue over a few hundred dollars.

The risk/reward simply isn't worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65