Ethanol fuel - Hero or Villain?

Ethanol Hero or Villain

• Hero

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Villain

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdcline54

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but as fuel directly relates to engine performance, it seemed like the place to me.

See Attached PDF

This is an article sent to me from a friend who is an ASE Master Tech who has many years in the industry and now teaches to ASE standards at the local college.. It confirms a lot of what I have always thought about Ethanol fuel... any ways I'd like to hear any thoughts on the matter.

Attachments

• Fuel Ethanol_ Hero or Villain_ (1).pdf
    220.8 KB · Views: 11

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regardless of your political affiliation and regardless if you are in favor of subsidies.....Ethanol fuel is corrosive and much more so than Gasoline or diesel. The fuel problems drivers, motorcycle riders and boat owners have suffered and paid for since the inception of this fuel is astronomical......

Bottom line is this...

Very good knock resistance or Octane
Very corrosive
Lower energy(BTU's) density per gallon than gasoline
Much more costly once all factors are considered...

like some things still today.....you get a choice.....so it's up to you!

jeff

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I drive 20 miles to a non ethanol gas station. It’s 92 octane and now about $3/gal. I don’t care about the price. I fill several portable tanks to fill up my old Harley and my old boat. My trucks runs and sounds stronger w non ethanol. My shovelhead is much louder and I can feel the improvement in the seat of my pants when riding.

I can feel and hear the difference on the 4-cyl mercruiser on my lil Sea Ray.

I hate ethanol.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It has it’s place.
Though that place is not in our daily driven vehicles and certainly not in our small engine power equipment.

I borrowed a buddies power washer (before I had my own). The tank was full of 10% ethanol fuel. It ran fine and did the job.
I only filled it with ethanol free, thing ran smooth as a sewing machine and had much more power.
My small engine power equipment never ever gets anything with ethanol in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360