EVAP system code and CEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expee17Max

Reaction score
CPO 2017 Limited Max. The "check fuel inlet" light has been on for a little more than a week. I tried using the ford funnel and cleaning out the fill port but the light remained on. 2 days ago the CEL came on and is throwing a P0457(EVAP system leak detected) as well as a P144C. I did some googling and found the P144C is associated with the purge check valve. I found the part(FL1Z-9C915-A) that I thought was bad but after pulling the engine cover and testing the check valve it seems to be operating as it should. I get suction with power and no suction when power is disconnected. I did install a JLT catch can but I don't believe the PCV and EVAP systems are connected or that the catch can would cause an EVAP code. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I take it to the dealer? The vehicle is still under warranty but if i can fix it for less than the deductible than I would prefer to do it myself. If i do end up taking it to the dealer would it behoove me to remove the catch can first? Thanks in advance for any input.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire