EVAP system code and CEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expee17Max

Reaction score
CPO 2017 Limited Max. The "check fuel inlet" light has been on for a little more than a week. I tried using the ford funnel and cleaning out the fill port but the light remained on. 2 days ago the CEL came on and is throwing a P0457(EVAP system leak detected) as well as a P144C. I did some googling and found the P144C is associated with the purge check valve. I found the part(FL1Z-9C915-A) that I thought was bad but after pulling the engine cover and testing the check valve it seems to be operating as it should. I get suction with power and no suction when power is disconnected. I did install a JLT catch can but I don't believe the PCV and EVAP systems are connected or that the catch can would cause an EVAP code. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I take it to the dealer? The vehicle is still under warranty but if i can fix it for less than the deductible than I would prefer to do it myself. If i do end up taking it to the dealer would it behoove me to remove the catch can first? Thanks in advance for any input.