Expedition 2022 Build & Price @ Ford.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saturnfire

Reaction score
Another bit of information that was new to me. You can only get the high output Ecoboost in the timberline 440hp and 510 lb-ft (Raptor Engine).

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Another bit of information that was new to me. You can only get the high output Ecoboost in the timberline 440hp and 510 lb-ft (Raptor Engine).
Yep, and it appears the platinum now gets the regular ecoboost as well. Used to be that the platinum was advertised as having slightly more HP than the standard (I think 400 vs. 380). I had seen where the platinum would still have it, but doesn't look to be that way on their website now...

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The guide shows the following:

XL, XLT - 380 hp, 470 ft-lbs

Limited, King Ranch, Platinum - 400 hp, 480 ft-lbs

Timberline, Stealth Performance - 440 hp, 510 ft-lbs

1sttimer

Reaction score
Platinum vs Limited Stealth Performance?

Really struggling to decide between these two trims. I was not a fan of the red stitching in the Stealth, but LOVE the exterior look. The Platinum, it turns out, has yellow/gold stitching as well, which I'm also not a fan of. BUT, the Platinum comes with the Multi Contour w/ Active Motion, BlueCruise. When I add the extras to the Stealth, it is only a difference of about $1k.

Also trying to decide on the tow package. I don't have anything huge to tow, but may help w/ resale and having the extras that come with it?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Limited Stealth Performance.png
    Limited Stealth Performance.png
    394.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Platinum.png
    Platinum.png
    429.5 KB · Views: 37

mlogan

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really pleased to see that stitching on the Platinum. I just wanted BlueCruise or I would've gotten a Limited. I guess if I think its ugly in person, I'll just pass.
I hope it looks better in person.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The guide shows the following:

XL, XLT - 380 hp, 470 ft-lbs

Limited, King Ranch, Platinum - 400 hp, 480 ft-lbs

Timberline, Stealth Performance - 440 hp, 510 ft-lbs
If you look at the details on one of the datasheets, it shows 380hp with 87 octane on the lower trims, and 400hp with 93 octane on the higher trims! I'm suspecting at this point that the engines are tuned identically. I've also seen a document referring to the 440hp engine at an "H.O. tune" rather than a different engine. It's been said by others in the past that the H.O. engine is physically different, but I wonder if it's all been simplified to a single engine now.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you look at the details on one of the datasheets, it shows 380hp with 87 octane on the lower trims, and 400hp with 93 octane on the higher trims! I'm suspecting at this point that the engines are tuned identically. I've also seen a document referring to the 440hp engine at an "H.O. tune" rather than a different engine. It's been said by others in the past that the H.O. engine is physically different, but I wonder if it's all been simplified to a single engine now.

Agreed on the above, all trims get the same engine, except the timberline/SPP.
The H.O. is the same engine in the Nav/raptor. Nearly identical to stock, just slightly different turbos and cam shaft. Displacement is the same, just different compression.
Most people won't even notice the power difference.

tgapense

Reaction score

Really struggling to decide between these two trims. I was not a fan of the red stitching in the Stealth, but LOVE the exterior look. The Platinum, it turns out, has yellow/gold stitching as well, which I'm also not a fan of. BUT, the Platinum comes with the Multi Contour w/ Active Motion, BlueCruise. When I add the extras to the Stealth, it is only a difference of about $1k.

Also trying to decide on the tow package. I don't have anything huge to tow, but may help w/ resale and having the extras that come with it?

Worth noting, but if you select the tow package, you are unable to select the Active Park Assist from what I can tell.

JADisBoyMom

Reaction score

This is my current struggle right now. I dont like red anything but I LOVE the exterior. You said you were able to add the stealth stuff to the Platinum. Did I read that correctly? When I got to build I'm not able to. Can you tell me how you did this? thank you