Expedition makes the news! I wonder if this was a member here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn! That happened so fast. I always thought the safest thing to do was stay in your car but if your in fog I guess you **** and get as far away from the highway as possible. That totally sucks for the Expy owners, hopefully they were done with their trip and headed home versus on the way for awesome vacation..

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully nobody inside the white F150 that got crushed by the semi trailer rolling over on top of it. Scary stuff!

Rick Anjel

Reaction score
WOW.... Tough hit! Glad the Rig hit the RV and not the Expy, otherwise it would have been a different story... Hope they are ok.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn! That happened so fast. I always thought the safest thing to do was stay in your car but if your in fog I guess you **** and get as far away from the highway as possible. That totally sucks for the Expy owners, hopefully they were done with their trip and headed home versus on the way for awesome vacation..

Colorado plates on the Expedition so I think they were far from home. Sucks either way.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man that’s painful, I would have put the pedal to the floor if there was nobody in front, let motor scream and get you out of there. They probably froze or vehicles in front of them were stopped. I’m assuming a sudden stop in traffic caused this? If so nowhere to escape. The Expedition is obviously totaled and done for, truck hit back of it and trailer....expy might have flipped off screen. With all these vehicles that is one BIG insurance claim.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh the Texas crash. Yep Trucker is in deep trouble. F150 guy was the most hurt I heard hes still in the hospital but will be ok.
Yeah experienced a similar event on I5 in CA as a kid. My dad was a HS Science teacher and coach. He was driving the track team south on I5 in a E250 passenger van. Super windy dust storm basically turned the visibility to zero a car stopped mid highway was hit by a semi we came up on it right about where visibility went bad. My dad made a hard Right after slowing and drove way off the shoulder. Like a good 100ft or so from the highway. Big pileup happened but we were fine far off the road. I do remember we were close to getting stuck and that was our main issue after getting away from the road.