Expedition Not turning on....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05_Expedition

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum here and new to Ford. I have an 05 Expedition that fell in love with. Yesterday I drove it fine during the morning and when I was getting ready to go home it turned on but kinda odd. So I turned it off and when I tried to turn it back on I got nothing. The motor turns but it aint turning on. Hooked the comp on and gave me a whole bunch of TPS codes. So I switched the TPS and still got nothing, thought it was cuz the floater was stuck put 3 gallons of fuel anf nothing again. I put some fuel in the throttle body and nothing either. I'm running out of ideas as to what it may be anyone out there with idears I would greatly appreciate it.
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A gas engine needs 3 things to run - air/fuel, compression and ignition.
Since you drove it earlier in the day I would rule out loosing all compression.
Next is fuel - do you hear the fuel pump running with the key in run position? It runs for 2-3 seconds.
Ignition - theft light flashing quickly?

OP
OP
05_Expedition

05_Expedition

Reaction score
Yup I got fuel, fuel pump turns on. Right now all of a sudden my throttle body started clicking. Whenever I disconnect it the motor turns, now whenever its connected the I turn the key and get nothing....im getting lost on this thing.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are the active codes?
You may have fuel, only way to verify is to read cranking fuel pressure.
I had a Fiero that wouldn't run but the pump would run. Hmmm. No fuel at the injectors. Dropped the tank and found a rubber hose had let go. Pump worked fine except for that.
You probably do have fuel but if you could verify then you can eliminate that as a cause.

Are the 05's drive by wire?

Last edited:
OP
OP
05_Expedition

05_Expedition

Reaction score
They all are saying the TPS and forced idle. I added more fuel just in the case that the floater got stuck and wasnt reading correctly. No its not by wire its all electronic.

OP
OP
05_Expedition

05_Expedition

Reaction score
I even added fuel directly to the throttle body and nothing. It looks like theres no spark or theirs a ground that may have gotten disconnected. But if my throttle body is clicking like that im not 100% sure what it may be. The way it happened just doesnt make sense.