Expedition XLT Max in major accident

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like the expy did ok from
An occupant standpoint. Expy and TT will be a total loss.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Um, no offense to 99White C5, if you read one of the many articles about this wreck, and watch it in slow mo, you'll see the SUV driver on the trucks left side swerved INTO the side of the big truck, causing the big truck to lose control. That SUV then hits the Cadillac XT4. That said, yes, BOTH drivers were traveling too fast in fog.

As a former tractor trailer driver of many years, I take offense to that comment. MOST accidents involving big trucks are NOT the fault of the truck. It's usually the driver of the CAR that causes the wreck.

Nuf said........Happy New Year.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Um, no offense to 99White C5, if you read one of the many articles about this wreck, and watch it in slow mo, you'll see the SUV driver on the trucks left side swerved INTO the side of the big truck, causing the big truck to lose control.
This is true. However, the tractor trailer was on his way to slamming into something full speed before anyone made contact with him. Speed kills and in these conditions he was seriously cruisin’ for a bruisin’ and potentially vehicular manslaughter. The early contact may have made the situation better for all involved.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I fully agree Artie. He was going WAY too fast. My main point is that I'm offended by people who blindly blame big trucks ALL the time. 99% of whom probably never even sat in a big truck, let alone drove one. It just shows ignorance, and like most things, do your research. I can tell you countless stories of cars causing accidents, and the first thing people do is blame the truck.

Again, nuf said

GunnerRetz

Reaction score
That’s a phone call to Thomas J. Henry, or some other high powered attorney. I’m not a money grabber or ambulance chaser, but that big rig was hauling A$$ for as foggy as it was.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember this one. It’s crazy some of the larger trucks slow down but some keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk