Just bought my second Expedition, 2019 XLT Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OpticonBill

Reaction score
IMG_5817.jpg
My new ride, a used 2019 Expedition XLT Max with 80k miles on it. It is literally in immaculate condition with only four issues. A cracked windshield which CarMax is going to replace under their warrantee. A missing tow hitch cover and the center console panel is in bad shape. Waiting for both parts to be delivered. And the final issues, the vehicle is fitted with Cooper tires. As a retired Michelin employee, I can't have that.

IMG_5819.jpg

My 97 Expedition bought in 2000 with 60k miles already on it. It now has a little over 500k miles. The only major repair expense was to replace the transmission with a rebuilt one at 360k miles. Still runs, but I know it has a small head gasket leak. I put some of that head gasket stop leak which stopped the leak for now. Which lead me to decide to buy the 2019 above before the 97 dies altogether. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 97. In a way I hate to part with it, but I know I can't in good conscience sell it to someone knowing it has the head gasket leak. So, for now, I use it when making trips to Lowes or Home Depot and when deciding to take my dog with me somewhere.

BlakeMAX2019

Reaction score
Your 97 will out last the 2019. We have a 2019 MAX as well, got a great warranty with CarMax? Here are some of the common defects that hopefully have been repaired already to yours:

Transmission Replacement
Cam Phasers
Rear End Rebuild (3xs for us)

The interior pieces needed replacement is common along with the cup holders breaking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire