Expensive Sunroof Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert White

Reaction score
Guys, a plastic part broke in the sunroof of my 2018 Max Limited. The difficulty in getting to it resulted in a $3,800 repair (it wouldn’t close).

I will never buy another sunroof on my vehicles.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have heard this is an issue... friend of mine had hers repaired within the first 9 months.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So annoying, I actually love driving with mine open in the summer. Sunroofs and even moonroofs are not new tech, this is stupid. Seems to me they keep redesigning perfectly good systems to make them more plastic-y and unreliable.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not a very helpful post TBH. Any details to share? What breaks? Able to avoid it? Condition(s) that precipitate the break?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sun roofs need to be maintained. Ford has had this problem since they introduced it on the F-150’s. I wish you could order a upper trim level with a sunroof/moonroof delete option. My Superduty does not have the big glass roof and it is so much quieter inside than my F-150 was with the glass roof. Now my Expy has a big rack covering half the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thankfully I have an 8 year 120K mile extended warranty

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thankfully I have an 8 year 120K mile extended warranty
Same here, although given recent driving trends, I way overbought on mileage. One power step repair or one moonroof repair and it's paid for itself, but I did buy a small tube of the expensive Krytox to lubricate the seals and a dry lubricant for the tracks.