Factory 7 way not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magoogle

Reaction score
Hey guys, 2004 expedition eddie bauer with factory tow package. I just finished building a new trailer which uses 7 way rv plug. I figured the 7 way was ready to go so when i hooked up the trailer I was supprised that I had no lights at all.

I googled and found that under the truck you had to swap a connection.. well I lowered the tire and it appears that connection does not exist?

Also I hooked up a Reese POd brake controller and I got nothing from it.

The truck came with a package with a brake controller adapter, and 2 relays as well as a 7way to 4pin flat adapter.

I swapped the relays according to the paper work but I still got nothing..?

please help!!

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a difference between the tow package and the heavy duty tow package. From what I've learned they all come from the factory with the tow package. The heavy duty tow package is an option. So there's a chance your truck didn't come with the HD package and someone just put the 7 pin connector on the truck and never wired it up.

If I'm wrong on that then I would start checking fuses and make sure everything is good. But if nothing is plugged into the back of the 7 pin then you need to find the plug or plan on wiring one in.

Last edited: