Factory DVD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larry7

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought a used 2013 Ex with dual headrest DVD players. The owner's manual mentions a remote control but we didn't get one. Is it an accessory or should it come with one?

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should have come with one. When I bought my Expy the remote and one headphone was missing. Made the dealer get me one along with the other headphone.

Matt

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the '11 with Invision headrest DVD system. It came with two remotes. One didn't seem to work well, so I bought one off a guy on ebay. Worked out like a champ. Look up crazypattyfamily - they were great to work with on this.

That is - if the people you bought the truck from won't provide you with some.

OP
OP
L

larry7

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I never thought to look for the remotes.

OP
OP
L

larry7

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems the dual headrest system is made by Invision. It's the same OEM system offered on Ford's, GM's, Toyota's and others. Crazypattyfamily does sell it on ebay for $35. Their listing says it works on all make cars using this system. I found a GM dealer selling it as a GM part for $19. I downloaded the pictures and the remotes are identical so I ordered the GM one. I'll let you know how it works. I only need it to turn on the fm transmitter so that the sound can be played over the car stereo. Actually the only time the player would get used is for our grandson. If the remote works I'll add a second one later on.

New Genuine Invision GM Ford Remote Control Dual or Single DVD Headrest Systems | eBay

GM 19132011 Remote Control for Vehicles w Factory or GM Accessory DVD Headrest | eBay

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is the same. You found it a great price! Really, you only need one remote. You'll notice there is an A and B control near the top of the remote. That's how you set which one you are going to control. The system is nice as two people can watch different movies (for two kids, it's great) or they can share movies with each other.

I've found you need the remote to adjust the headphone volume along with enabling the FM integration. I'll say it's got one of the best FM integrations I've ever heard. No static at all. Enjoy!

OP
OP
L

larry7

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yessir I did notice the A & B button that's why I only got one for now. My grandsons are only ages 1 and 4 so its not a big deal yet. So far we love the truck. My wife drives it and is coming from an excursion so the size is a lot nicer for us. We tend to keep them a long time so the bad paint threads has me a little concerned. Vehicle is garage kept and only driven 8 to 9 thousand miles a year and I keep them pretty clean. I guess we'll see.