Factory Radio Software Update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyday

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Expedition Limited with factory navigation, rear dvd, Sirius, etc. HW: 7L1T-18K931-CB SW: 3.040000. Where can I find if there is are any software updates for this device, and what has changed in the updates? Also, if there are any updates, would I be able to do it, or would the dealer have to do it? And, will there be a dealer charge to patch it, if there are any updates? It works ok, but looks outdated. Besides, updates are *usually good! I'm temped to put an aftermarket Nav with rear camera, but worried about the rear dvd player contol. Thanks!

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
From what I understand, the Sync / MyFordTouch systems are the only ones that Ford updates for free. And those are system updates, not updates of the nav maps themselves.

You can check with your dealers service department to get the full details on your specific system, but don't be surprised if it costs a couple of hundred when it's all said and done.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to the ford syncmyride site, register your truck and you'll be able to see if there are any software updates for it. The current version for my '11 is 3.2.2. The '07 has a different head unit so yours might be a different version. You can update it yourself. Doesn't take much to do. You'll need a USB storage dongle. Once you have your vehicle registered, you'll see the link to the right that says "Update Sync Software". It will take you to a page that will let you know if your Sync is up to date or not. There is a full Sync history link on that page to the right that will tell you the details of the updates (or what they want to tell you about them anyway).

SYNC | Say the Word | Ford.com

As for maps, that's a totally different story. If it has the original maps it may be worth it to update. The current update is 12P and will cost you $200 (+ shipping). You can get those here:

Navigation Maps for your Ford

Select Expedition and 2007. You'll see a link that advises what the update provides.

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Expedition Limited with factory navigation, rear dvd, Sirius, etc. HW: 7L1T-18K931-CB SW: 3.040000. Where can I find if there is are any software updates for this device, and what has changed in the updates? Also, if there are any updates, would I be able to do it, or would the dealer have to do it? And, will there be a dealer charge to patch it, if there are any updates? It works ok, but looks outdated. Besides, updates are *usually good! I'm temped to put an aftermarket Nav with rear camera, but worried about the rear dvd player contol. Thanks!

Hi tommyday,

tojohnso is correct; you can go to our website: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com to check if a software update is available for your vehicle. Some updates are available as an instant download, and some are only available at the dealership. I'm happy to check for you. Just send me a PM with your VIN if you'd like me to.

Kim

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2007 - 2008 dont have SYNC. I dont see how registering on "SYNC Technology" would help.

Here is a pic of from my 08 Limited. It appears that mine has a newer software version than yours, but I'm not sure what is different as far as software goes. You can update the map disc easy. What version map disc are you using now?

Matt

Attachments

• NAV Version.JPG
    NAV Version.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 153

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
2007 - 2008 dont have SYNC. I dont see how registering on "SYNC Technology" would help.

Here is a pic of from my 08 Limited. It appears that mine has a newer software version than yours, but I'm not sure what is different as far as software goes. You can update the map disc easy. What version map disc are you using now?

Matt

Good eye, Matt. I completely missed that it was an '07. :facepalm:

tommyday,

Since you don't have SYNC, you must be speaking about updating your maps. In that case, you can find out what is available for your vehicle by visiting: GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com It looks like the latest version for your vehicle is 12P. If you have specific questions about the update, you can speak to a representative from HERE (formerly NavTeq) by dialing: 1-888-628-6277. Sorry for the mix up!

Kim