Fake Engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of environmental issues with getting crude from the earth as well so to limit pollution comparisons to what comes out of the tail pipe is a little disengenuous. I don’t want electric because I’m a self righteous pat myself on the back type, power wise it’s a better platform and has fewer moving parts. Batteries will continue to evolve and the tech will get better. Gas autos will be looked at as primitive tech probably within my lifetime. There is a video of a Tesla towing a Ferrari while drag racing the same Ferrari and the Tesla wins. It’s hard to argue with displays like that.

I'm no fan of fake engine noise either, if there is a way to turn it off I will. I also agree with you about electric cars, one day they will rule, one day. I think once an electric car can go 1,000 miles on a charge and cost the same as a gas car, people will look at gas cars as dinosaurs. When will this happen? Who knows, it could be 10, 20, 30 years, but its definitely coming. Tesla says it will happen with 7 years, but they sit on the optimistic side of the EV cycle. One other interesting thing will be to see what Ford is thinking. They said they were going to electrify the Expy/Navi next year, with a hybrid powertrain as an option.

REPORT: 2020 FORD EXPEDITION AND LINCOLN NAVIGATOR TO ADD A HYBRID MODEL IN 2019
http://www.tfltruck.com/2017/08/rep...coln-navigator-to-add-a-hybrid-model-in-2019/

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm no fan of fake engine noise either, if there is a way to turn it off I will. I also agree with you about electric cars, one day they will rule, one day. I think once an electric car can go 1,000 miles on a charge and cost the same as a gas car, people will look at gas cars as dinosaurs. When will this happen? Who knows, it could be 10, 20, 30 years, but its definitely coming. Tesla says it will happen with 7 years, but they sit on the optimistic side of the EV cycle. One other interesting thing will be to see what Ford is thinking. They said they were going to electrify the Expy/Navi next year, with a hybrid powertrain as an option.

REPORT: 2020 FORD EXPEDITION AND LINCOLN NAVIGATOR TO ADD A HYBRID MODEL IN 2019
http://www.tfltruck.com/2017/08/rep...coln-navigator-to-add-a-hybrid-model-in-2019/
I’ve seen on some of the other Ford models there is a actual pipe that branches off the pipe between the air filter and intake that brings sound ito the cabin. There is a delete kit for these and it looks easy to remove, not sure if these trucks have that setup or not though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT