Fan speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jking05

Reaction score
Turned on my heater today to the highest fan speed and it barely comes out. The highest speed seems like low on anything else. Maybe that's how it is but wanted to see how others are or if I have a problem. Thanks

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turned on my heater today to the highest fan speed and it barely comes out. The highest speed seems like low on anything else. Maybe that's how it is but wanted to see how others are or if I have a problem. Thanks
This may be a dumb question, if so I’ll apologize now... but was the vehicle warmed up? The fan on mine is quite anemic until the engine is hot enough to produce heated air. After that it puts out a more than adequate flow. I have noticed, however, that the heat will default to the foot vents when the HVAC is set on auto and in this configuration it’s hard to detect the the origin and amount of air being blown.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
but was the vehicle warmed up? The fan on mine is quite anemic until the engine is hot enough to produce heated air. After that it puts out a more than adequate flow.
This. It usually takes about 2 miles from my house before the heater comes on full bore, and even then it blows to the floor and the windshield only.

Keep in mind this is on AUTO.

If you take it off AUTO (I don't understand why you would, but I know there are people that don't like it..for instance, I am sure @Deadman "turned that sh*t off" because he doesn't like Big Auto telling him when to be hot and cold) and try to force it to blow before it's warmed up, I'm not sure what it will do.

@Deadman - I'm just giving you a hard time. I owe you a beer for all the crap I give you on here...cheers to you for being a good sport.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In auto mode you can set the maximum fan speed.
Check how it is set (assuming it's still a problem after warming up).

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This. It usually takes about 2 miles from my house before the heater comes on full bore, and even then it blows to the floor and the windshield only.

Keep in mind this is on AUTO.

If you take it off AUTO (I don't understand why you would, but I know there are people that don't like it..for instance, I am sure @Deadman "turned that sh*t off" because he doesn't like Big Auto telling him when to be hot and cold) and try to force it to blow before it's warmed up, I'm not sure what it will do.

@Deadman - I'm just giving you a hard time. I owe you a beer for all the crap I give you on here...cheers to you for being a good sport.

Mine is not on auto! At least I am Predictable! :). lol. I adjust that beast as necessary. I rarely turn it above 1 because it sits in my garage where the heat is like 80* all winter and the A/C is on all summer, so it rarely needs adjusting! :)

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you guys (2018+ owners) select MAX defrost, you do get full fan speed regardless of engine temp, correct?

OP
OP
jking05

jking05

Reaction score
Im in az so its not crazy cold in the morning but my drive to work is about 7 miles. It will be warmed up not on auto and can barely hear it come out. If I switch it to a/c it blows hard. Maybe its an arizona car and they just produced it for max a/c limited heat. When it drops below 60 degrees I need max heat before I freeze.