Few goodies for the truck - snatch strap, shackles, fuel cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ARB 33000lbs Snatch-strap. It's $100; but I'd bet my life on it working right, every time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009X1QB32/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's built to stretch vs the standard yellow tow straps which are typically made of polyester with little stretch. Good info/selections for other-than-ARB straps:

Tow Straps and Recovery Straps

Also picked up two of these:

Crosby 1018491 - Crosby G-209 Galvanized Screw Pin 3/4" Shackle (7/8" Diameter Pin) (WLL 4.75 Ton) - Quadratec

Crosby shackles are rated among the best of the best - with a working load of about 10,000lbs it'll hold nearly twice my truck's weight without fatiguing. They are 'proof loaded' at 19,000lbs - with 'ultimate strength' of 57,000lbs. I got two; one for my truck and one for ex's SuperCrew - so if either of us must be tugged out, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt our side will hold. I have smitty-built shackles as spares; although ultimately wouldn't trust them as much, so far they've worked well for me.

As an aside, I also bought two metal Nato Fuel cans from Lexington Container. These are the real deal - and I'm SUPER happy with the purchase. If you're looking for REAL fuel cans, these can't be beaten. $120 shipped for two cans and two spouts. When I open the lid I can hear it make that sucking sound (same sound some folks at work make when speaking to 'higher ups') from the tight seal. I'd have no reservations storing these cans laying down as in this photo:

attachment.php

(you can see the little bracket that comes with the nozzles to affix them to the can, as well as the locking pins (although in the pic they have rings, mine are L-shaped w/o rings) that hold the fuel can closed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCDmpFIfWpE

Jerry Can | Nato Jerry Can | Metal Jerry Can | 5 Gallon Metal Jerry can | 20L Jerry Can | 10L Jerry can | 5L Jerry Can | Jerry Can Spout | Jerry Can Nozzle | Jerry Can Mount | Jerry Can Holder

Attachments

• nr004%20074.jpg
    nr004%20074.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 168

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Crosby shackles are all i use when operating a crane. I have a few shackles and a few straps from the cranes.