Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I heard on the news this morning they believe this vehicle didn't have the battery box fix done yet.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is Hertz's fault for not getting the recall fix completed .

it is indeed, however, I am glad the issue hit the airwaves again. Hopefully the fire burns a butt or two at Ford and makes them try to get to the bottom of their quality issues faster....which would then benefit all of us who own their products!

ExpyNole

Reaction score
it is indeed, however, I am glad the issue hit the airwaves again. Hopefully the fire burns a butt or two at Ford and makes them try to get to the bottom of their quality issues faster....which would then benefit all of us who own their products!

The news hitting the airwaves won't affect Ford, but it'll affect Hertz for having knowledge of a problem, surely receiving notices from Ford, and not getting a critical issue resolved.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The last 5 cars I rented were not cleaned properly, or at all. I have no expectation that a rental company would have a process responsible for making sure cars with recalls were taken out of service and scheduled to receive them.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is Hertz's fault for not getting the recall fix completed .

The “fault” lies with Ford for building and selling a defective, dangerous product. Hertz was the consumer - and there was no mention in the article if Hertz had received a recall notice.

My 2015 Expedition has been under a safety recall since August 2022 - with the potential for the front HVAC blower fan to catch fire while the vehicle is in operation.

The letter I received from Ford stated the repair part may be available during the first three months of 2023.

Who’s fault is it if my Ford catches fire - since Ford is unable or unwilling to fix it in a timely manner?

The only saving grace is that it has been parked at my local Ford dealer for 3 1/2 weeks - awaiting a steering gear that is on national backorder (with no estimate of when the part will be available).

cptbligh

Reaction score
The “fault” lies with Ford for building and selling a defective, dangerous product. Hertz was the consumer - and there was no mention in the article if Hertz had received a recall notice.

My 2015 Expedition has been under a safety recall since August 2022 - with the potential for the front HVAC blower fan to catch fire while the vehicle is in operation.

The letter I received from Ford stated the repair part may be available during the first three months of 2023.

Who’s fault is it if my Ford catches fire - since Ford is unable or unwilling to fix it in a timely manner?

The only saving grace is that it has been parked at my local Ford dealer for 3 1/2 weeks - awaiting a steering gear that is on national backorder (with no estimate of when the part will be available).
This.

Mine won't be fixed until Jan 9th, 2023. Not my fault if the POS burns down before then.