Ford to Eliminate Parallel Parking Assist options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Say goodbye to the driver-assist parallel parking feature.

"Very, very few people are using it. So we can remove that feature. It's about $60 per vehicle,another $10 million per year (in savings)," Kumar Ghalhotra, Ford chief operating officer, said Tuesday in an effort to illustrate how Ford is making little changes for big savings.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Say goodbye to the driver-assist parallel parking feature.

"Very, very few people are using it. So we can remove that feature. It's about $60 per vehicle,another $10 million per year (in savings)," Kumar Ghalhotra, Ford chief operating officer, said Tuesday in an effort to illustrate how Ford is making little changes for big savings.

Ford has to figure-out how to pay for the millions of safety recalls issued for the past three years.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How to parallel park.
Step 1. Keep driving till you find normal parking.

I am not even interested in lane keeping and adaptive cruise control.
Oh my goodness, my Expy is in the shop and I have an F150 loaner and it's got regular cruise control and I'm so spoiled that I hate it, I want my adaptive back.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How to parallel park.
Step 1. Keep driving till you find normal parking.

Oh my goodness, my Expy is in the shop and I have an F150 loaner and it's got regular cruise control and I'm so spoiled that I hate it, I want my adaptive back.

Within the most recent 19 years from 2005, I only used "regular" cruise function once, for less than twenty miles, which happened last August. I just feel more comfortable to control the vehicle with my own hands and right foot. Lane keeping is over-reacting and it doesn't fit for a person like me, who is precisely aware of my vehicle locations in lanes. So I just turn this function off on both of my vehicles.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yall gonna hate me but this is a terrible idea. This is a feature that could easily be improved upon, and when they did they completely stopped adding it to its vehicles. Many people would use it if it were easier and quicker to use. It's also a feature that sets it apart from its peers. People in the nav forum were mad they stopped adding it. Do I use it, no, but every person who sees me use it wants a car that can and that's marketing.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Terrible idea. Ford wants to be a leading auto manufacturer then put leading features in the vehicle.

Don't people see what they are doing?

They will take auto park out. They will take adaptive cruise out. They will take other crap out. Then they will say they are saving $100 on the cost of each vehicle.

Ford will still put that $100 worth of hardware into each vehicle then make it part of a subscription fee for $90 per month.

Hell, it's all just a little software on a $75-100k truck. It should all be included for free.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy didn’t come with the park assist due to HD tow package (I think?) but honestly it’s the cameras and sensors on this thing that make it unnecessary IMO. I rarely have to try more than once with parallel parking because the visibility from the 360 and the lines that show the backing path work so well in parallel parking. For a huge vehicle, this thing is a breeze to park.

If I lost ACC and lane keep however I would riot. Those features make highway miles so much less stressful.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Terrible idea. Ford wants to be a leading auto manufacturer then put leading features in the vehicle.

Don't people see what they are doing?

They will take auto park out. They will take adaptive cruise out. They will take other crap out. Then they will say they are saving $100 on the cost of each vehicle.

Ford will still put that $100 worth of hardware into each vehicle then make it part of a subscription fee for $90 per month.

Hell, it's all just a little software on a $75-100k truck. It should all be included for free.
Yup, same as all of it. To pay for the labor issues and only focus on shareholder value, they will remove the functionality but charge 1.05% more. I agree with @sixstring, take the goggles off, it's unreal. We are all getting ripped off, more and more every day. Ford is dying fast.

Didn't matter if you individually used the feature, it was there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire