First Ford - was a toyota guy and then gave Chevy a try

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwsiiiesq

Reaction score
So first 500 miles on my 18 limited expedition

Before this I had a 4Runner and RAV4 - wife has a rx450 hybrid
Then I had a 15 Tahoe to pull the boat and dog and had some issues
Bought a new 17 Tahoe and it had electrical issues - going through lemon law claim right now

I found my expedition in the blue color with all the options except rear entertainment and my dealer swapped for it for me - I played with the rear entertainment - just average and small screen - biggest iPad screen is much better and just have unlimited Wifi in vehicle

Couple things I have noticed: fit and finish is great - this thing is an awesome road trip vehicle and pulls my 5500lb boat like a champ

Don’t open driver door while moving - it does not like that - typicallybopen whem backing not down the ramp

Cannot open tailgate when car is running and key in car - must have key in pocket.

Can you lock the rear audio controls - right in my kids foot range?

Got the B&O sound system - but it just needs another 20 percent of power for the bass

Can you sync the rear climate to the front climate?

Great truck - love the look of it and it is super comfortable - love the blue color

Tinted the windows but might leave it at that and not change anything else
Would contemplate an exhaust isf Corsa releases one
Feel like it does not need a leveling kit with the 22 already
Might powder coat the rims

Mothnuts

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Cannot open tailgate when car is running and key in car - must have key in pocket.”

So, if you leave the key fob in the front cup holder, there is no way to open the tailgate?

We are getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering a ‘19 Expedition Platinum and trading a ‘17 Tahoe in.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
. . .

Cannot open tailgate when car is running and key in car - must have key in pocket. . .

You can open the tailgate in a running car with the key fob in it by using the dash pushbutton. It is located on the driver's side, just below the air conditioning vent closest to the door. You can also close the tailgate by pushing the button again.

Mothnuts

Reaction score
If key is in car - and you are outside vehicle - you cannot open hatch from buttons on hatch

Thanks for the reply. That’s going to kinda suck tho after being used to how it is on the Tahoe.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So first 500 miles on my 18 limited expedition

Before this I had a 4Runner and RAV4 - wife has a rx450 hybrid
Then I had a 15 Tahoe to pull the boat and dog and had some issues
Bought a new 17 Tahoe and it had electrical issues - going through lemon law claim right now

I found my expedition in the blue color with all the options except rear entertainment and my dealer swapped for it for me - I played with the rear entertainment - just average and small screen - biggest iPad screen is much better and just have unlimited Wifi in vehicle

Couple things I have noticed: fit and finish is great - this thing is an awesome road trip vehicle and pulls my 5500lb boat like a champ

Don’t open driver door while moving - it does not like that - typicallybopen whem backing not down the ramp

Cannot open tailgate when car is running and key in car - must have key in pocket.

Can you lock the rear audio controls - right in my kids foot range?

Got the B&O sound system - but it just needs another 20 percent of power for the bass

Can you sync the rear climate to the front climate?

Great truck - love the look of it and it is super comfortable - love the blue color

Tinted the windows but might leave it at that and not change anything else
Would contemplate an exhaust isf Corsa releases one
Feel like it does not need a leveling kit with the 22 already
Might powder coat the rims

How does it compare to the ride and drivability of the Tahoe? What do you like more about the Tahoe? Anything?

OP
OP
P

pwsiiiesq

Reaction score
Tahoe drives more like a truck - expedition seems a little smoother - the kids car seats do not make as much noise rattling.when empty on highway

Will take some getting used to not having the v8 rumble

I did like in the Tahoe that I could have the radio on the screen between the gauges or also the telephone

I had a bad experience with two Tahoe’s
- first had a lot of issues at 45k including the magnetic shocks went out
- second had major electrical st 16k

RC Fan

Reaction score
How does it compare to the ride and drivability of the Tahoe? What do you like more about the Tahoe? Anything?

I’ll add my 2 cents since I am coming from a ‘10 Suburban. The Expedition is superior in every way. I would like to be able to remove the third row seats in the Expy. I’d also be cautious doing much off-roading with the 22 inch wheels with low profile tires(if so equipped).