First Post - Please help me upgrade wheels, tires, lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larkja

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 Expedition EL. Had a 2003 a few years ago and loved it. Have been looking at the lifts, but don't want to go too crazy. I don't see a rake and from the attached pic, it doesn't look like it leans forward. It is currently sporting 275/65/18s. Would like to keep the existing rims to keep costs down (and the dealership just put on new tires before I purchased it). Even though the size is supposed to be 32", I measured from the ground to the top of the tire and it's only 31".

So, planning for the future.

1. What wheel/tire combo would you recommend?
2. What lift would you recommend to fit the wheel/tire combo? a 2/1 or 3/2?

It's my daily driver with occasional trips to the mountains and maybe a fire road here and there. Will not be doing any rock crawling or heavy off-roading.

Thanks

View media item 7198

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 Expedition EL. Had a 2003 a few years ago and loved it. Have been looking at the lifts, but don't want to go too crazy. I don't see a rake and from the attached pic, it doesn't look like it leans forward. It is currently sporting 275/65/18s. Would like to keep the existing rims to keep costs down (and the dealership just put on new tires before I purchased it). Even though the size is supposed to be 32", I measured from the ground to the top of the tire and it's only 31".

So, planning for the future.

1. What wheel/tire combo would you recommend?
2. What lift would you recommend to fit the wheel/tire combo? a 2/1 or 3/2?

It's my daily driver with occasional trips to the mountains and maybe a fire road here and there. Will not be doing any rock crawling or heavy off-roading.

Thanks

View media item 7198
Looks like it's been lifted a bit in the front.

OP
OP
L

larkja

Reaction score
There might be a small spacer in the front but can't see it because there's a plastic shroud that wraps around the mounting point. I did measure the gap and it's 5" from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender, front and rear. I also took out my level (yes, made the sure ground was level) and measured the center of the roof rack and the running boards - almost perfectly level.

So, I guess I'm GTG as it relates to the rake.