First Post - Tow Mirror Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fidget247

Reaction score
Hi folks. I am new here and have enjoyed lurking around and learning more about the Expedition. I am the proud owner of a 2016 Expedition XLT and I need to buy some tow mirror extensions. On my Ram pickup I was able to buy mirrors that fit the shape of the OEM mirror and kinda clipped or snapped onto the stock mirror. I'd like to do the same thing with my Expedition. Any suggestions on the best ones to buy or where to find any? I have been looking around and only find lame looking generic sized mirrors with lots of straps and things. Anyway, any insight you can share? Thank you!

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! I use the K-Source dual mirror version as I only tow the camper a few times each year. If you are towing a lot you may want to look at aftermarket full mirrors. Some on the forum here have those. The K-Source take me 5 minutes to put on and with a helper on the passenger side only a few more minutes getting them set. No issues with vibration or loosening. $80 for the pair online.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aftermarket full mirrors are quite good if you go that route.

Cost $200 and change to 300 depending on options

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I've been using the same set of McKesh mirrors since 2002 on three (3) different Ford SUVs. No need to encumber the truck with tow mirrors when not towing. They live in my camper trailer along with the WDH components.

The width on these is set to 6" wider than my trailer. Like cat or mouse whiskers, if the mirrors fit the trailer will fit.

17 seasons amortizes to $7.64/season. In easily understood finances this is the same cost as a Big Mac Meal every year. :)

-- Chuck

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OEM ones are listed as fitting 2012-17, so I can’t inagine they wouldn’t actually fit and plug in. I had not noticed they only list them for the 2015.
Running tow mirrors isn’t for everyone, but I love having the regular and small convex mirrors on both sides. Regular mirrors feel so inadequate.

OP
OP
fidget247

fidget247

Reaction score
Great info. Thanks to you all for your input. Keep the good ideas coming on the thread if others have ideas. Thanks.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OEM ones are listed as fitting 2012-17, so I can’t inagine they wouldn’t actually fit and plug in. I had not noticed they only list them for the 2015.
Running tow mirrors isn’t for everyone, but I love having the regular and small convex mirrors on both sides. Regular mirrors feel so inadequate.

Mind posting some pictures pics from straight on, from the rear, and from the side?

My biggest concern adding tow mirrors is I drive lots of skinny dark country roads and there is no indicator lights on the front of the tow mirrors and want to keep folks from clipping them.

Thought about adding some amber LEDs to the front outside edge and running them to my front parking lights as I have them set as my DRLs so they would be illuminated whenever the truck is in gear.