Fix or leave it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would probably err on the side to fix it because rust never sleeps and it sucks. Oh and your Expy looks Identical to mine, cept for the running boards I removed mine. I like a more rugged look.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Meh, I'd "fix" it. And by "Fix" it I mean I'd take a wire wheel or flap disc to it and then cover it with primer and paint. (Oh, and I wouldn't do a great job.)
Exactly what I would do ^I would mean knock the rust off and prime and get some color matched paint and jus touch it up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

larryjb

Reaction score
I'd do the above, but prime with POR-15, then put a top coat to get a close colour match. Don't forget to put the POR-15 on the inside wherever you can reach.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
It's almost 22 years old... Those rocker panels have many more years without doing anything to them. How much longer do you think that old gal has?

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
After reading up on the various vehicles I considered ie Tahoe, Silverado, F-150, Tundra, Grand Cherokee, and a budget of around $15-18k, I’m coming to the conclusion I should save my money and put another 50k-100k mi on this ole gal.

I’ve maintained w open check book. It runs perfectly. Needs nothing. Just did rear brakes and the driver door actuator for locks-which did fix the sluggishness.

My new job is driving all over Florida and between the monsoons and hurricane seasons having a high-water-vehicle is necessary.

I’m going to collect some bids from body shops and post them here. I don’t have the tools to do this repair properly and if I’m going to do it I like doing things right.