Fog Light Assembly Replacement...difficult?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

SWWAFordGuy

Reaction score
I'm rolling with a '97 XLT that didn't have the fog lights installed, just black, plastic covers. The shape is oval yet looking around, I'm seeing rectangular lights. Is this because of the bracket? I know, old topic, but I'm finally getting around to installing these lights and would like to know if I'm looking at the right shape/size. The place that appears to have them claims what they have is OEM replacement. Take a look: https://www.paintedautobodyparts.co...talled-97-98-1997-1998.html#tab-product-view1

They offer both sides with one side being more expensive than the other. not sure why that is.

Idahokid

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm rolling with a '97 XLT that didn't have the fog lights installed, just black, plastic covers. The shape is oval yet looking around, I'm seeing rectangular lights. Is this because of the bracket? I know, old topic, but I'm finally getting around to installing these lights and would like to know if I'm looking at the right shape/size. The place that appears to have them claims what they have is OEM replacement. Take a look: https://www.paintedautobodyparts.co...talled-97-98-1997-1998.html#tab-product-view1

They offer both sides with one side being more expensive than the other. not sure why that is.

I have a 1998 xlt with no driving lights and was wondering if it’s as easy as adding lights and a different headlight switch and the existing harness will accommodate the new items?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the '98's but the 2000's that were not equipped had no wiring for the fog lights. Ford did make an installation kit that included the harness, the pins to add to the connector, instructions and everything but the headlight switch and lights.

I have one of those kits -- somewhere -- that I bought but never used. If someone's interested, I'll look for it.