Fog light conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnWayne

Reaction score
I been looking to add some fog lights to my 2001 ford expy 5.4l xlt. Bumper came with no fogs can I. (1) buy 1 from rock auto with the holes for the fogs, light switch with the 4th option for Fogs. But some lights from Amazon thrown in some led’s and call a day or it’s more complicated then what I think.

Dobermans

Reaction score
Anything can be done it’s just how much you want to spend. I don’t know if anyone in here has done it. Good luck.

lonestarjeff

Reaction score
You might be able to find the bumper at a salvage yard. The wiring & switch location would be the issue for me(going through the firewall, etc). Is the factory switch with the 4th stop available somewhere?

Jeff

LAexpy

Reaction score
Have you got me beneath your truck or pulled the bumper to see if you have connections for the fog lights? Fog lights were an option on the XLT and the connections may already be there. You may simply need to open up the cutouts and add dog lights.

Fortunately, my 97 XLT came with them

sonyhome

Reaction score
Connectors are there, all that you will need is fog lights with brackets, 3 clips with treads and 3 bolts. Recently done it in mine.
I want to install amber fog lights on my 2002, for like, actual fog days. I have bought some lights.

Is there a wiring diagram for the existing connectors?
Where can they be found more or less?
How are they turned on/off: Is there also an optional fog light switch, or do they act like running lights?

Thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett