Fog light replacement 3rd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ldo0444

Reaction score
I’m thinking about replacing the dog lights on my 2016 SSV. They are clouded and cracked. It has the round style fog lamps.
I’m wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what to purchase. I’m considering just using OEM fog lights, but have seen several aftermarket brands that are cheaper. I’ve also seen replacement housings with led lights and some with projector lenses. Does anyone have experience with specific brands in the aftermarket or LED type? Or would I be best to go OEM? Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.
03E738B9-B804-44DD-9494-DB9C05E90024.jpeg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a pair of Baja Squadron-Rs that were about $200 for the pair. I also purchased the Baja F150 mounts for them. They don't sit back as far as they should, but they do fit. Now this may be more than you're willing to spend on fogs, but let me tell you that they are the best lights I have ever purchased bar none. They blow my Ridgid backup lights out of the water.

OP
OP
ldo0444

ldo0444

Reaction score
Thanks for the info… Are they plug and play on the wiring harnesses? How about the mounts? Do you have to install new brackets or does it play well with what is already there? Definitely interested in having a quality light vs cheapo. (Within reason)

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info… Are they plug and play on the wiring harnesses? How about the mounts? Do you have to install new brackets or does it play well with what is already there? Definitely interested in having a quality light vs cheapo. (Within reason)

I purchased Baja's F150 mounting kit (part # 447103), which mount up easily inside the Expedition's fog light pockets. The only caveat, as mentioned above, is that the mounts don't go back as far as they would on the F150 (which apparently has slightly larger fog pockets). On the truck itself, all that was needed was to drill a 1/4" hole through the bumper inside the fog pocket. There is a preexisting hole in the stock fog mounts attached to the bumper, so I simply needed to make this hole pass all the way through the plastic so the BD mounting screws could pass through. This hole is in the fog pocket so it will never be seen by anyone. The mounting kit also includes a wiring adapter to make these plug and play.

Here's one of my posts on them: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-the-expy-today.15732/post-387247

FYI the specific light set is I purchased is Baja part # 587805.

Last edited: