What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did something that while small, is proving to be extremely satisfying to me. In my State we have these white EZ pass electronic transponders that get stuck to the inside of your windshield. They are used to electronically pay for tolls and are good in most of the Mid-Atlanic, North East and even out towards Chicago.

Well, these white plastic transponders look awful on everyone's windshields, especially dark black vehicles like mine. So I masked off the sticker with the ID info (Serial number, id number, etc) and spray painted it black, front/back. I then gave it couple of layers of flat clear coat. Now it is much less noticeable on the inside, and pretty much invisible from the outside. Love it.

Another irrelevant item. I hated the stock hose on my Shop-Vac. It has a kink where it plugs into the VAC and it was too short. I always had to pull it right up to the door of the cars to vacuum around and if the vac rotated the wrong way, it would kink up easily and the suction would go away. Fast Forward 15 years and I'm in Lowes and I find myself on the shopvac aisle. They have a 12 foot,no kink for $33. Woah. where have you been all my life. This was one of those cases where I didn't know that I needed this until I discovered it. Got it and wow, much nicer experience cleaning out the cars. Stronger suction the whole time and easy to get the entire back of the EL without trying to pull the Vac up into the truck. :D

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
first time towing long distance. Only pulled about 2500lbs from the beach to the city. averaged about 10mpg going 75mph.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did something that while small, is proving to be extremely satisfying to me. In my State we have these white EZ pass electronic transponders that get stuck to the inside of your windshield. They are used to electronically pay for tolls and are good in most of the Mid-Atlanic, North East and even out towards Chicago.

Well, these white plastic transponders look awful on everyone's windshields, especially dark black vehicles like mine. So I masked off the sticker with the ID info (Serial number, id number, etc) and spray painted it black, front/back. I then gave it couple of layers of flat clear coat. Now it is much less noticeable on the inside, and pretty much invisible from the outside. Love it.

I've done the same - twice. The first one stopped functioning (nothing to do with the paint) and in order to avoid being charged for "defacing" it, I had to repaint it beige. When I received the replacement, I decided to just Plastidip it. I thought the Plastidip would need to be redone fairly soon due it spending all that time in the sun, but it's held up fine.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally installed a light bar behind the grille.

I removed this plastic cover. Underneath there are 2 plastic clips that hold the rubber that protects the radiator, etc. I removed those clips and put two 1/4" threaded rods through the holes, which I secured with a washer/nut on each side. The other end of the rods is connected to a flat piece of steel secured in the same fashion. The light bar is then mounted to the flat steel.

IMG-4382.jpg

For some reason there was an absurdly long section of cord going from the power/ground to the light bar, but a fairly short cord going from there to the switch. I could have cut the wires and added a section on, but instead I just wired the light bar up through the engine fuse box. This section of metal was used for one of the plastic clips for the cover, but I needed a ground and 11 is plenty to keep it secure.

IMG-4384.jpg

Mounted up behind the grille. I'll fine tune the aiming and height this evening, but aside from that 5-minute task it's done.

IMG-4385.jpg

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered baja designs sport sae fog lights to upgrade the factory fogs in the 07. New 3inch magnaflo just arrived power stop z36 kit front and rears are waiting and new rubber.

So Looking forward to March 14th to 20th for install days !!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered baja designs sport sae fog lights to upgrade the factory fogs in the 07. New 3inch magnaflo just arrived power stop z36 kit front and rears are waiting and new rubber.

So Looking forward to March 14th to 20th for install days !!

I don't recall if I mentioned this in a previous post, but I mounted the Squadron-R Sports in the stock location on my '11 Expedition using the F150 mounting kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baja-Designs-447103-Ford-Toyota-F-150-Tundra-Tacoma-Fog-Light-Kit/362778052475?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

When you remove the factory fogs (which is simple, but a real ***** btw) just drill through the bumper using the existing hole in the factory fog plastic bracket as a guide. You'll need some type of right-angle drill adapter and a set of stubby bits. If you ever sell the truck and want to remove the Baja dogs, no one will even know those holes are there once you put the factory fogs back.

IMG-4043.jpg

IMG-4090.jpg

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't recall if I mentioned this in a previous post, but I mounted the Squadron-R Sports in the stock location on my '11 Expedition using the F150 mounting kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baja-Designs-447103-Ford-Toyota-F-150-Tundra-Tacoma-Fog-Light-Kit/362778052475?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

When you remove the factory fogs (which is simple, but a real ***** btw) just drill through the bumper using the existing hole in the factory fog plastic bracket as a guide. You'll need some type of right-angle drill adapter and a set of stubby bits. If you ever sell the truck and want to remove the Baja dogs, no one will even know those holes are there once you put the factory fogs back.

IMG-4043.jpg

IMG-4090.jpg

Thank you for the heads up!!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought new Sylvania OSRAM high output halogen headlights, installing them later.
C8A028B5-1650-48BE-A869-3A6DDBA19FDD.jpeg
17037751-C961-4C98-B80A-CA18C72CFC5E.jpeg

Last edited: