For 99 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its gone nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just4fun feel free to delete,,,,,,, it was such a sweet truck too:blah:

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do want one, hopefully in a few years when I get my own place. My dad had one when I was younger with a built 390 and 38's. 390s may be dinosaurs, but stock, they are putting out close to 350-400 tq and I love torque!! and they have good manual trannies with divorced xfer case so you can build the motor, but leave the stock drive train. There are quite a few people here in Wyoming that drive them as their DDs and since vehicles don't rust out here, you can find good bodies.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do want one, hopefully in a few years when I get my own place. My dad had one when I was younger with a built 390 and 38's. 390s may be dinosaurs, but stock, they are putting out close to 350-400 tq and I love torque!! and they have good manual trannies with divorced xfer case so you can build the motor, but leave the stock drive train. There are quite a few people here in Wyoming that drive them as their DDs and since vehicles don't rust out here, you can find good bodies.

i love the 390's they are monster torque makers and with a little valve train work they are awesome.

Stacey David Gearz (the old host of TRUCKS)

did a build on one of these great motors

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love them too, haven't done much work with them myself, but that's all my dad and grandpa had when they were younger, and they make so much torque from factory, and have the ability for so much more. Since nobody uses them, parts are easy to come by. My dad use to have an 11 second 66 Fairlane GT that was only mildly built, and my grandpa always tells me stories of going up switchbacks in 4th gear through the mountains with his trucks. Simplicity and power make me happy, not the confusing computer vehicles of today.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this idea.... we have my wifes very first car a 78 buick regal... and my dad gave me an early 70's 390 with fresh heads and cam backed with a built C6....

im wondering how hard it would be to stuff that into that gm body.... mainly because their are too many 350's running around

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this idea.... we have my wifes very first car a 78 buick regal... and my dad gave me an early 70's 390 with fresh heads and cam backed with a built C6....

im wondering how hard it would be to stuff that into that gm body.... mainly because their are too many 350's running around

There are way to many 350s!!! :shooter: I can't stand them. I'm not sure how hard it would be to swap in a 390, but if you could fab up some mounts, the electrical parts would be super easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani