Ford + Alexa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tphford

Reaction score
Any of you used the new Ford + Alexa app on Sync 3? I've been testing it out and it initially works quite well, but within 10 min of using it, it seems to have problems. When you say "Alexa" it comes up as "listening" as it should do but meanwhile while you are saying your command it executes in the middle of your command? In other words, it only listens for 2 seconds before going which doesn't give you enough time to get your command out.

Any others experience this? I'm running a 2017 Limited.

Thanks!

Kurtyg2020

Reaction score
I was using it for awhile. It worked ok for the first few times, and after a while it was useless. I would ask Alexa to play a song or a question and it would say something to the effect I can't do it. We have one a home, works great, ask the ford alexa the same questions, no go. I finally deleted the app.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gee, you mean that I can have multiple bi*ches competing on my sync?

I like my "sync-bit*h" but she has not fared well when pressed to compete with the other bit*hes like Kerry's Siri and my V30 bit*h.

OK, my Sync-bit*h gets confused when I tell her to play a BT track#.....but she's still my bit*h so stupid or not, I'm stuck with her.

jeff

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any of you used the new Ford + Alexa app on Sync 3? I've been testing it out and it initially works quite well, but within 10 min of using it, it seems to have problems. When you say "Alexa" it comes up as "listening" as it should do but meanwhile while you are saying your command it executes in the middle of your command? In other words, it only listens for 2 seconds before going which doesn't give you enough time to get your command out.

Any others experience this? I'm running a 2017 Limited.

Thanks!

I have seen numerous people have similar issues with Hey Siri, OK Google, and the like. The issue is that the voice processor that handles these requests is always listening, and processing the last second or two of audio it heard. It will capture everything you say after the trigger phrase while it waits for the main processor to wake up, even before you hear or see the cue that they are listening. SO, if you say the trigger phrase and then wait for acknowledgement, the voice processor passes the trigger phrase and the 3 seconds of silence to the main processor, which then pauses listening almost immediately because it thinks you are done talking.

The solution is usually to say the trigger phrase and continue speaking immediately, like you're talking to a regular person. Instead of "Alexa… [prompt displays] play some music," just say "Alexa, play some music," with maybe a slight natural pause, and it will probably work correctly.