Ford Expedition Platinum CCD Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Usman Khan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering how to configure the Continuously controlled damping suspension settings in the 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum, I realized there are modes between Sport,Comfort,Normal however I just could not figure out how to get the menu that allows you to choose between them.

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks.

Dormammu

Reaction score
It’s the smaller knob below the gear shifter. (Closer to you). Turn it and you’ll see the selections in the dash display.

OP
OP
U

Usman Khan

Reaction score
Thanks for answering, however I realize that is the Drive modes between Sport,normal,etc I was actually wondering how to control the suspension modes because the car is equipped with CCD and there is supposed to be a comfort mode however I cannot locate it in any menu, on previous models it was under "driver selectable suspension" unless they've removed the option to configure it?

thanks for the reply :)

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think when you the sport mode that also puts you in 4WD Auto, on the highway I select Sport, then manually select 2WD again (fuel economy benefit)

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for answering, however I realize that is the Drive modes between Sport,normal,etc I was actually wondering how to control the suspension modes because the car is equipped with CCD and there is supposed to be a comfort mode however I cannot locate it in any menu, on previous models it was under "driver selectable suspension" unless they've removed the option to configure it?

Eco = comfort. It calms the throttle response down, loosens the suspension, shifts sooner, and lightens the steering. It’s the opposite of “sport” with “normal” in the middle.

There isn’t a specific mode called “comfort”.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The drive modes themselves control the ccd settings as well. Eco is comfort, sport is sport, and all the other modes is normal(from my understanding). It wouldve been better if ford allowed you to choose the drive modes and suspension modes separate to give you more adjustability and configurability, but ford cut some corners on the 18s in some ways.

OP
OP
U

Usman Khan

Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone, it is much appreciated for all the help and information you all have provided, I suppose my go-to mode will be sport from now on :)

Thanks for all of your help!

OP
OP
U

Usman Khan

Reaction score
The drive modes themselves control the ccd settings as well. Eco is comfort, sport is sport, and all the other modes is normal(from my understanding). It wouldve been better if ford allowed you to choose the drive modes and suspension modes separate to give you more adjustability and configurability, but ford cut some corners on the 18s in some ways.

Definitely agree with more configure-ability, maybe in a future software update they could add it I hope.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sport shifts too hard for me, both up and especially down.

Agreed. I only put it in “sport” if I’m trying to show a guy at the office how much power it has...hahaha. Otherwise it is way too harsh. And not only shifting, I guess I’ve just gotten used to my magic carpet ride, but I feel every. dang. bump. on the road in “sport”.