Ford recalls about 350,000 F-150s and Expeditions for faulty transmission gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m honestly not bothered by this, my last car had a a few recalls over the 13 years I had it. Annoying? Yes. But it wasn’t long ago they wouldn’t even address stuff like this.
100% agreed. As someone else on here said, I may work a little harder to remember to set the parking brake until I can get into the dealership, but I’m not going to fall all over myself rushing in.

Overly sensitive recalls are the new norm (we can all thank GM and their ignitions and Takata and their airbags). My favorite is when you hear of a supercar manufacturer like Mclaren recalling 2 P1s or Ferrari recalling 1 La Ferrari because a lightbulb might short out. No one wants to get caught with their pants down on an unaddressed recall anymore.

Granted, this is more serious than that as no one wants their car to roll away, but it’s not as though my Ford “minivan” is going to toilet paper my trees or kidnap my children or anything.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
100% agreed. As someone else on here said, I may work a little harder to remember to set the parking brake until I can get into the dealership, but I’m not going to fall all over myself rushing in.

Overly sensitive recalls are the new norm (we can all thank GM and their ignitions and Takata and their airbags). My favorite is when you hear of a supercar manufacturer like Mclaren recalling 2 P1s or Ferrari recalling 1 La Ferrari because a lightbulb might short out. No one wants to get caught with their pants down on an unaddressed recall anymore.

Granted, this is more serious than that as no one wants their car to roll away, but it’s not as though my Ford “minivan” is going to toilet paper my trees or kidnap my children or anything.
I set my parking brake every time, it’s just a hold over from driving manuals from an early age. From time to time I still mash the non existent clutch to initiate startup...

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Relax guys. It's a brand new vehicle platform with thousands of moving parts. No new model is perfect. At least our accelerator pedals don't floor themselves like Toyotas did. Run your VIN and use your parking brake.

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Relax guys. It's a brand new vehicle platform with thousands of moving parts. No new model is perfect. At least our accelerator pedals don't floor themselves like Toyotas did. Run your VIN and use your parking brake.

Very well said, was typing almost identical. An Automatic Transmission along has perhsp 500+ parts and is much more complex than an engine.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone that the article is intentionally misleading? A cable clip is VERY DIFFERENT than FAULTY GEARS.....FAKE, TWISTED "NEWS" brought to you by the MSM.....

jeff

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone that the article is intentionally misleading? A cable clip is VERY DIFFERENT than FAULTY GEARS.....FAKE, TWISTED "NEWS" brought to you by the MSM.....

jeff
Funny you mention this because I’m to the point where I see the headline and then read the article looking for the actual data just to see how misleading the clickbait headline is lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr