Ford recalls all '18 expeditions with bench seating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Thought I'd share the news as it seems we have a lot of 2018 owners here, not that many have the bench seat option but to those who do this should be your concern

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ll-explorer-expedition-super-duty/2024045002/

'18 Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator
  • Select 2018 Ford Expedition and 2018 Lincoln Navigator vehicles with second-row bench seats for missing J-channel brackets, About 38,000 vehicles with second-row center bench seats may be missing J-channel reinforcement brackets in the seat track assembly. A seat track missing one or both J-channel reinforcement brackets may not properly restrain the seat assembly during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
  • Dealers will inspect the seats to determine if both J-channel brackets are installed. If one or both brackets are missing, dealers will replace the center seat frame assembly at no charge to customers. Until the vehicle can be serviced for this concern, customers should move the seat back to its furthest position away from the front of the vehicle.
  • The affected Expeditions were built at the Kentucky Truck Plant March 14, 2017, through Aug. 18, 2018, and the affected Navigators built between March 31, 2018, and Aug. 18, 2018.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What’s this j channel bracket look like? I wonder if I can just look for myself now and if it’s there not worry about it until my next regular service.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Not sure how they look, but more info added to the original post, if you have an expedition made within a certain date and precisely in the Kentucky truck plant and you have bench seats then you should be the one they're(Ford) trying to reach out to the most

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the sixth safety recall for the 2018 Expedition model year.

That’s not a shocking number for a fully redesigned vehicle.

The new wrangler also has 6. The refreshed 2018 Camry has 3. The Tiguan has 7. Etc etc.

I’m not saying I’m happy about it, but it’s not abnormal.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wasn’t someone just asking why the bench was so hard to find??

Guessing the stopped production till they found a remedy to the issue.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how they look, but more info added to the original post, if you have an expedition made within a certain date and precisely in the Kentucky truck plant and you have bench seats then you should be the one they're(Ford) trying to reach out to the most
They are all built in that particular plant. I see the dates of manufacturing added to the bottom and my Navigator was built before March so I’m in the clear. Thanks for the info.

Andy C

Reaction score
Wasn’t someone just asking why the bench was so hard to find??

Guessing the stopped production till they found a remedy to the issue.

I did ask about the bench being hard to find. Maybe someone forgot to add the j hook installation instruction at the assembly line.

I rather have ford do safety recall than Techincal service bulletin BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk