FordPass app "service history" is flawed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How come when i look at my "Service History" in my Fordpass app its lists things that weren't actually performed? For example, I only had my oil changed but in the app it only shows the "brakes, Tires, & electrical" was performed. They didnt even Inspect the brakes according to the physical checklist . It shoulda just said "oil change/ filter". performed. so stupid

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My guess it should read Maintenance schedule. My Dealership checks brakes, electrical system diagnostic check when rotating tires. Oil and Filter change is what I pay for. You can edit your personal file on the Ford app. with that info. Performed task is just giving a heads up if there was a problem. Also known has an inspection courtesy of your Ford Dealer.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's kinda like carfax. It only shows what's reported. What's reported might be missing some things, or it might have things that didn't happen.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had a full synthetic oil change performed at my dealership. They reported the same thing to my account. I just added a service schedule with a copy of my oil change invoice, to prove it was done, in case of a problem.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The app should show something like ‘multiple services’ if several things were done. That’s if you do it from the app. I don’t know how the service department enters the information [software]. It might be that it only reports one thing because software is crap these days?

I usually make an entry for each thing done on the same day so it’s easier to see what’s been done.

Woodwolf

Reaction score
My guess it should read Maintenance schedule. My Dealership checks brakes, electrical system diagnostic check when rotating tires. Oil and Filter change is what I pay for. You can edit your personal file on the Ford app. with that info. Performed task is just giving a heads up if there was a problem. Also known has an inspection courtesy of your Ford Dealer.
You can not edit anything in Canadian Ford app