Freezer Fridge Cooler center console for 2nd row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mlarv

Reaction score
https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...between-the-second-row-captains-chairs.37214/

Howdy. No I have not tried that cooler between my seats. I found this thread where someone was trying to put a Lincoln console in with the cooler built in. Seems pretty interesting.

I did use a similar idea when I moved cross country why back when. I had a plug in cooler that would either heat or cool depending on which way it was plugged in. My kids loved it, and so did I because no ice or water to mess with.

Gillbrak

Reaction score
I run something similar on road trips between the second row buckets. Mine is a 55 qt Costway that I’ve had for a couple years now. Works great and a fraction the cost of the “name brand” fridges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once you go iceless you will never go back. Just make sure it fits and the vents are not blocked by the seats. Dedicated plug, tinted windows, sun shades and keeping it full help them work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingrider

Reaction score
Dometic. The gold standard and a maker for RVs. Not cheap, but amazingly efficient and work flawlessly. Also monitors bat. level and tuns itself off if battery is at risk.

I have a Dometic 55 that lives in the back plugged full time @ 36d. Wouldn't be without it now.
#BuyItForLife

Last edited:

wingrider

Reaction score
Once you go iceless you will never go back. Just make sure it fits and the vents are not blocked by the seats. Dedicated plug, tinted windows, sun shades and keeping it full help them work better.
This.
Some also sell an insulated jacket for them. Sounds silly, but anything to help keep blistering car temps off the unit is good.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dometic. The gold standard and a maker for RVs. Not cheap, but amazingly efficient and work flawlessly. Also monitors bat. level and tuns itself off if battery is at risk.

I have a Dometic 55 that lives in the back plugged full time @ 36d. Wouldn't be without it now.
#BuyItForLife

I picked up a Dometic CFX3 DZ75 to try out this season. I put the cover on it, but I haven’t ran it yet other than to make sure it works. High hopes, for the high price.
cc1b61ff732c1512f717e52a01871a54.jpg

wingrider

Reaction score
I picked up a Dometic CFX3 DZ75 to try out this season. I put the cover on it, but I haven’t ran it yet other than to make sure it works. High hopes, for the high price.
cc1b61ff732c1512f717e52a01871a54.jpg

You won't be disappointed. The FX has the WiFi monitoring right? I thought it was fun at first then realized I did not need to fiddle with it. My 55 fits down the right side so the lit swings up and to the right. The power plug is on the right on the '12 next to the hatch door (I see yours on the left). It should be great as is, but did you get the insulated bag/case for it? If so, I can tell you about a bonus mod you do I can do. PM me if interested.