Front blower only works on setting 3 & 4, 1&2 are dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Title says it. Sound like a bad resistor? Or would a fuse be the culprit?

Thanks.

nightfly

Reanimator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Right now I'm just leaving it on setting 3.

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought the resistor for the manual control HVAC and will poke around under the glove box to find the existing one.

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haven't tried to replace it yet. I just got the resistor today

Last edited:

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
Dealer just replaced the "actuator" in my temp control - it was behind the dash, in the center. They quoted 4 hours labor, due to the dash. In reality the mechanic completed the job in 15 minutes, while I was signing the paperwork. This was an insurance job. Just saying, removing the dash must be simple, IF you know how.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. My 2000 Ford Focus has the same issue with a resistor. Mechanic said the official way is to take out the whole dash, but if you took out the glovebox you could reach it from the passenger footwell. Maybe there is a similar quick route for the Expedition.

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced it this morning. If I crawled on my back under the dash I can see it. But opening the glove box all the way down, it's easily accessible. Swapped the part in 10 minutes, works like a charm now.