Front brake rotors and pads recommendation please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
My brake pads are signaling so I’m considering Duralast ceramic pads and rotors from Autozone.

I don’t like the dust of OE that I have on now.

Any recommendations? Only fronts are needed.

My driving style is almost all highway so stops are from high speeds.
Thank you.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m considering Duralast
Duralast gold is what i have on mine. stops good and lower dust. Plus when pads wear down i just go get another pair for free with lifetime warranty.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I've used Duralast Gold and Motorcraft pads on my 2000. The Duralast seems to stop more quickly, the Motorcraft stops smoother and last longer.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I installed Power Stop rotors and brakes on my 2000 and was extremely happy with the results.

I tried those years ago. The rotors warped in 12,000 miles. The first time I hit the brakes I almost went through the windshield but they didn’t last for me.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Duralast gold is what i have on mine. stops good and lower dust. Plus when pads wear down i just go get another pair for free with lifetime warranty.

Just got them on. Feel silky smooth so far. The OE pads I had we’re almost down to bare metal and the rotors were rusted.
Hopefully these Golds will fare better.