Front camera warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lam396

Reaction score
I got a warning on my dash this morning indicating the front camera was dirty...I have a xlt with 202a and driver assist. I wasn't aware of a front camera, can anyone tell me how to confirm and if I don't, why would I have gotten this message? 46baf25b6fbe72601b2462a403a2f134.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Camera is under front Ford logo on grille. Not sure why u gut error if no camera. Might go away after you turn off and restart car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go look at the front Ford emblem. Camera is a small dark circle on the bottom edge.

It gets cleaned when the front windshield washer fluid is activated.

OP
OP
L

lam396

Reaction score
This is my emblem. Pretty sure there is no camera. It didn't come back on when I restarted it but still really odd.80c3e6cd889ac83cb79bb8640ebe765a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The camera for the driver assist (Lane keep assist, Adaptive cruise control, and automatic braking) is in plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. The camera in the emblem is only for 360° and possibly the park assist which isn’t available on the XLT.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The camera for the driver assist (Lane keep assist, Adaptive cruise control, and automatic braking) is in plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. The camera in the emblem is only for 360° and possibly the park assist which isn’t available on the XLT.
Ding Ding!! It wants you to wipe the little "opening" in the black painted area of the windshield opposite your rearview mirror.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

This is spot on. I too have an '18 XLT Max with 202a. On frosty or foggy days the camera throws that alert until the windshield clears.