Front end squeak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadetree

Reaction score
My '97 5.4 EB 2X has a front end squeak I can't pin-point. When I turn the wheel left or right the squeak is continuous all the way to the stops. With the front end jacked up, I turn the wheel and there is no squeak. I sprayed all the joints with lubricant and I think it made the problem worse. It doesn't squeak when I go over bumps...only when I turn the wheels. I don't have anyone to turn the wheel with me under the front end. At 155,000 miles, I'm sure all the joints need to be replaced. I'd sure appreciate your thoughts on where I should start first...

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Balljoints, needle greaser to penatrate the boot then fill the boot

OP
OP
Shadetree

Shadetree

Reaction score
Balljoints, needle greaser to penatrate the boot then fill the boot

I finally got a chance to try your suggestion..I can't believe I'd never heard of a needle greaser..It worked great..I don't have any play in the joints but the boots on the steering arms are toast..Can they be replaced without replacing the joints? Thanks for your help...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX