Front Grill question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nottmbantam

Reaction score
So, the search continues for an Expy, ideally a 2006 model. I've been looking at a few and have one question which is bugging me - why is the grill different on some models?

Some have the upper grill and then the lower grill in the bumper part, whereas other don't have the lower grill.

I've been trying to work out why. Both come as XLT models, with either have or do not have 4x4. Can't work out why . I know that I like the look of the lower grill, and would prefer this 'look'. Two examples shown below, with and without.

expygrill_zps893ae91f.jpg

expynogrill_zps52efa418.jpg

Only a minor point, but just interested to know the answer. Cheers.

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like the difference of a painted vs non painted bumper. The lower grill is a part of the bumper. I dont think it can be swapped out without the whole bumper being swapped.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it comes with the different models...basic wont have it...XLT will and eddie bauers will...you already have the expedition so whats the problem?

OP
OP
nottmbantam

nottmbantam

Reaction score
it comes with the different models...basic wont have it...XLT will and eddie bauers will...you already have the expedition so whats the problem?

Thanks for the explanation - and no, I don't already have the Expedition, still looking to buy one. Hence the reason for stating the search continues....

OP
OP
nottmbantam

nottmbantam

Reaction score
No worries. Will be needing a trip down the local used car market this weekend - again. :)

mwhyes

Reaction score
Noticed the same thing - I bought and painted a lower grill for my XLT. Subtle, but much better looking than the stock hole. Cost $20-30 and took a half hour. There are even holes in the XLT grill to receive clips. Take a look at my album.