Front & rear windshield washer NOT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, a fuse there should be fine. If it happens again, I would take it to the dealer and have it checked. Something is up if it keeps blowing fuses.

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sucks. But I wonder if it’s temporary? Or if it will just start working once the weather warms up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something similar has happened me twice. This time I tried both the front and rear several times on my way too work. Sometimes I would hold it for 10 or 15 seconds. I could hear the pump run each time for the front and rear but no fluid ever came out. This was at 2pm.

At 10 pm, on my way home, both started putting fluid on the windows as soon as I pressed the button.

The first time it happened, it also just started working again without me doing anything.

It doesn’t have anything to do with freezing as mine has likely never saw freezing weather. It was built in May and was in Florida all winter. I always use wintertime fluid anyway.

Could it be a piece of debris in my reservoir? Or a valve that is getting stuck shut?

Backinblack

Reaction score
My washer fluid spray stopped coming out a few months ago. You could hear the pump working but no juice. I found and disconnected the lines and sprayed a little compressed air into the tank until I heard bubbles. I reattached the lines and it started working again. Last week the same thing happened and the same fix worked. Question? Could there be something in the tank clogging up the line, is there a filter in the tank?

Mac Attack

Reaction score
@wakeboarder
@Backinblack
Did you ever resolve this issue? Mine has done this intermittently for the past year, and of course never does it for the service techs.

Plenty of fluid, pump runs but nothing sprays. Must be a stuck valve somewhere. I can run the pump on/off for a minute in the morning with nothing being sprayed, and then later in the day it will spray instantly.

Has done it in the winter and summer with good winter fluid or bug spray fluid.... Just frustrating and a safety issue.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@wakeboarder
@Backinblack
Did you ever resolve this issue? Mine has done this intermittently for the past year, and of course never does it for the service techs.

Plenty of fluid, pump runs but nothing sprays. Must be a stuck valve somewhere. I can run the pump on/off for a minute in the morning with nothing being sprayed, and then later in the day it will spray instantly.

Has done it in the winter and summer with good winter fluid or bug spray fluid.... Just frustrating and a safety issue.
I did not resolve mine. It happened a couple weeks ago to me again to the rear washer. It was a little different than yours. I couldn’t hear the pump running. Also the wiper didn’t run in either wash position either. The wiper would run in both the one and two positions. It resumed working again after about a day.

Last edited:

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No reason Not to try another fuse, worse case it blows again. You can also pull the hose, passenger side near the cowl, to see if there is any discharge = pump is working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1