Front seat cushion swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bottom cushion on my 2010 Limited drivers seat is starting to break down. It's mostly the leather but also the foam. This idea just hit me the other day...is it possible to swap the front drivers and passengers seat cushions? I'm not suggesting the entire seat...just the part your butt sits on. I've the seats apart before to fix the fan and seat computer, etc, but can't remember if it's possible to just unbolt the bottom cushion. Also, are they they same size/pattern? Anyone attempt this before?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the left side of the pad is different ???. You can buy just the pad, then you won't have to take both apart. Mine was bad on the Excursion and being the tightwad that I am, I cut some slices out of a piece of foam rubber and glued them in and it worked out quite well. Scissors help shape the foam pieces but you still need to buy the cover. Those parts were getting hard to find on the Ex which is one reason I sold it.

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The right and left covers are different. The console sides aren't finished. I believe the padding is the same. Of course you can buy the covers new from The Seat Store, for $200. The padding is no longer available from Ford, unless you have the cooled seats.

OP
OP
JollyRoger

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your right! No swapping the covers...oh well. Thanks for that details!

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check Tasca or fordpartsonline.com
Got pads for my 2004 at fordpartsonline.com
Easy shopping, have VIN ready