FS or Trade 98 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyH

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of my Black 98 Expedition XL 4WD. It's got a 4.6L with over 300,000 and the motor is getting old real fast. I'd like to get $1,500, but will seriously consider parting her out, but ONLY to local AZ...no shipping, it's not worth the cost.

The Good. Overall the body is in good shape. There's one small crease, where a parking pole got caught by the passenger rear wheel well while backing up. Other than that it's a rust free, one owner AZ vehicle. It has a trailmaster 4" suspension lift with Rancho 9000 shocks. In the last three months I replaced the upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arms and I have a couple of other heavy duty steering parts that were not installed but can go with the truck. It's got 16" Enkie wheels, black center and polished lip with relatively new 33" tires. There are 4:10 gears in both front and rear diffs. Custom one piece black headlights and matching taillights. A hidden warn winch is installed behind the front bumper.

The Bad. Mostly the motor....I think either a head gasket or bad freeze plugs, because water has to be added every other day. The engine smokes a lot also, but not just white smoke, a little dark gray at first. Smoke disappears as the engine warms up. Engine has headers, replaced cats about 150,000 miles ago and it did pass AZ smog two years ago, but I doubt it will do so again in it's current condition. The current transmission probably has about 80,000 on it and was custom built to withstand the Powerdyene supercharger that had been installed on the motor. (UPDATE ON THE TRANSMISSION>>>IT'S TOAST!!!!!!!!!! My son called me this morning and said it sounded like the truck had thrown a rod. After a brief investigation, I determined the transmission has lunched itself. The motor will still turn over and run fine, but when you put it in reverse or forward, nothing happens but a bunch of noise. So no test drives available ;()

(The supercharger was pulled when it's bearings went last year, but I still have it if someone is interested. Rebuild kits go for about $150 on ebay, or you can have it rebuilt for around $400. The supercharger mounting bracket and extra pulley is still on the engine, but I can remove it if someone is interested.

Interior is not bad for the mileage or age. Leather buckets and 2nd row seats, Rosch upholstery. Drivers seat showing normal wear, other seats look good. A/C and all electronics are working.

In it's day, the truck got a lot of attention because of the work I put into it,. but for me and my family, it's served it purpose. If I can't sell it or part it out, I'll probably donate it to a charity for the tax write off. I would like to sell off the tires and winch before hand, however.

Other parts for sale include a new rear rubber bumper cap, used rear window in excellent condition, customized center roof console with four electric switches and lights for whatever and there may be more as I clean out the garage. I've got an uninstalled dual exhaust kit, complete with chrome tips and new muffler. I've also got for stock steel wheels, powder coated black with the chrome center caps. The looked pretty good and can make a plain jane truck look a little more custom.

Any offers locally can text me at 480-234-2787 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              480-234-2787      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what winch you currently have mounted on the expy? i have an 8k on the front but want to move that to the rear and put at least a 9 or 9.5 up front.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll try and post pics this weekend. Any parts in particular?

After seeing the update on the tranny probably not The whole truck, but I would possibly be interested in the supercharger if it will bolt up to the 5.4L.

OP
OP
R

RustyH

Reaction score
what winch you currently have mounted on the expy? i have an 8k on the front but want to move that to the rear and put at least a 9 or 9.5 up front.

I have an EX 9000I....photos to follow

After seeing the update on the tranny probably not The whole truck, but I would possibly be interested in the supercharger if it will bolt up to the 5.4L.

The supercharger should bolt up to the 5.4....I'll have to take some photos of the mounting plate and of the supercharger and stuff this weekend.

OP
OP
R

RustyH

Reaction score
Here are some photos of whats for sale. Tires are 305 70R 16 Goodyear Wranglers on Enkie 170's powdercoated black centers, with polished lip. The lip will clean up really nice with a little elbow grease. The tires were installed about 8K back. I'd like $500.00 for all four, including lugs and center caps, but I'll need your old tires and wheels so I'll have a rolling truck. They'll fit any 97-10 5-lug Expedition or F-150.

Attachments

• 001 026 A.jpg
    001 026 A.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 001 024 A.jpg
    001 024 A.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 181
  • 001 032 A.jpg
    001 032 A.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 001 033 A.jpg
    001 033 A.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 001 038 A.jpg
    001 038 A.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RustyH

Reaction score
The winch is a Warn XD9000i and it mounts behind the front bumper. I used to have a removable billet grille that fit right into some clips, but my son lost it. I only used it a couple of times to help neighbors pull out stumps and it worked like a champ. This winch new sells for over a grand at Cabellas. I will sell the winch, mounts, custom cut bottom lip, roller cover (with cool tribal flame emblem) wiring and complete with orginal carrying bag, strap, gloves and wired remote for $500.00

I'll also sell off my dual tow hooks for $10.00 each and the headlights/turnsignal lights for $40.00, but again, I'll need your stock crappy lights, as long as they work, in trade.

Same deal for the taillights. Mine for $40.00, plus your old stock ones in trade.

More pics and info to follow.

Call or text 480-234-2787 if interested in the truck or parts.

Attachments

• 001 029 A.jpg
    001 029 A.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 001 034 A.jpg
    001 034 A.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,222
  • 001 035 A.jpg
    001 035 A.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,494
  • 001 041 A.jpg
    001 041 A.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 001 044 A.jpg
    001 044 A.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how much is shipping to 92124 going to cost for the winch and all of its stuff? i dont really need the carrier cuz i have the hidden winch already but could probably use it to fab a new one for the rear bumper. you selling that hood by any chance?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man i need a winch. well... smooth knows i need one. haha i would always be finding excuses to use it!