fuel mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

What is the fuel mileage from the 4.6 and the 5.4?

thanks,Jim

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i think its 13/17 vs 14/18

i know am getting 14 for now. matbe it will improve as the engine breaks in.

OP
OP
G

Mileage

The new 03 XLt just returned 14 as well and that was with a very gentle first 250 miles. Hope it goes up a bit though !

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im getting just over 14. I have it on 2wd unless it gets really cold and there may be ice. I am hoping that after break in , i will get 16. :nopity:

OP
OP
G

i have a 2002 4.6 with 16,000 miles and it started getting 15 miles avg. then in the last 2 months it gone down to 14 avg. if any anybody has any thoughts as to why ithe avg has gone down it would be great to hear from you.

OP
OP
G

a few ideas

Have you changed your brand of gas? this can affect it by up to 10%. Supermarket gas generally tends to be of a lower quality than the larger companies fuel, but i obviously cheaper.

Can you compare the seasons again different ambient conditions make a whole laod of difference.

Other factors include tyre wear, traffic density right foot synrome and oter obscure issues.

I guess 1mpg in 15 is not a lot to worry about.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I usually get anywhere from 11.5 to 14.5 (5.4 Triton). I don't really concern myself about mileage...you shouldn't when you buy a large heavy truck (you knew it would be bad when you bought it)..... but, after 70,000 miles I have noticed a least one thing, it gets better maileage in warm weather, by 2 mpG. My '98 EB has the factory towing package and thus the oil and tranny coolers. I plan to install the Lund Cold Weather grills this fall.

OP
OP
G

5.4 with 118k I get 17-19 on hwy and around 14 in the city.:D

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2003 with 6K miles. We get 11 to 12 around town. 7-8 when towing. Sucks....

Damn Ford!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrsharp06