ga milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacksride

Reaction score
gas milage

does any one know if the 4x2 expo gets better gas milage then the full time all wheel drive expo . :reddevil:

Last edited by a moderator:

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how are you liking your innovative tune on your diesel aero? any mileage gains over stock? I do those tunes as well...

Matt R

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I can feel the additional drive train friction when I switch from 2H(igh) to 4A(uto) even though the front axle isn't supposed to activate unless the rear slips.

This will surely affect fuel consumption, but I don't know if it's measureable in normal driving.

I keep this critter in 2H 99% of the time other than heavy rain, snow, and some boat ramp or campground situations where it's nice to get the front wheels pulling.

-- Chuck

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by chuck s
I can feel the additional drive train friction when I switch from 2H(igh) to 4A(uto) even though the front axle isn't supposed to activate unless the rear slips.

This will surely affect fuel consumption, but I don't know if it's measureable in normal driving.

I keep this critter in 2H 99% of the time other than heavy rain, snow, and some boat ramp or campground situations where it's nice to get the front wheels pulling.

-- Chuck

Hubs locking maybe?

I tried my tunes and their running off the livewire. Only thing is there was already a mild tune on it and I get a good feeling its messing with it. SCT confirmed that other tunes can do that if not removed. I'm going to get it flashed once I contact my uncle who will be able to do it for me.

I'll be doing the exhaust, an airraid filter, and zoodad in a fairly close time so I might be a bit hard to see the direct impacts from the tunes. I hear it good though. I've gotten their economy tune as well as the extreme street and extreme race tunes.