Gap in Center Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
You said you figured out how to open it up; can you share your secret?

(As long as it doesn’t involve a cutting torch and a sledgehammer...although for $1400 I may even consider those options. Haha)

I took this screw out on the driver's side floor, and the envelope was down in there. I didn't see it at first. I was ready to tear it apart by hand lol! I was so mad!!

bfe129204be593ce231f33fce46ec778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Saw the post about removing one screw, removed it, pulled out on the plastic, and my lost debit card dropped right out. I wish I had seen this a couple years ago.

kara6789

Reaction score
I lost, of all things, my wedding ring of down this exact spot. I removed the panel with the one screw as mentioned above, and found some other things that I had also unknowingly lost down there, but wasn't able to reach or see my ring. Obviously I wasn't going to say "oh well", so my husband ended up removing the radio and climate control (I'm sure there's a youtube video on this somewhere), which this lets you reach down behind the sliding lid thing. You still can't see much, but can at least reach down and feel around for stuff. After a lot of tears and scratching the crap out of my arm I finally found it!

Long story short, if you can't find what you lost after removing the side panel and it's worth the work, try taking out the radio and climate control panel. Hopefully this helps someone!

Dennis48755

Reaction score
I haven't removed the radio & climate stuff so I can't speak to the difficulties.

However as an alternative, it is not that difficult to remove the entire center console. I have done this numerous times with my 2018 Expedition for wiring some accessories. 7 screws and a some side trim panels and the console can be slid rearward 6-8 inches. The advantage is the floor area is completely visible and reachable. Disconnecting two connectors frees up the console to slide rearward further and completely remove it.

Dennis

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
There is also a big gap in the upper glove compartment (the smaller one that is above the main one). Things can drop in there as well.

AmyC

Reaction score
I took this screw out on the driver's side floor, and the envelope was down in there. I didn't see it at first. I was ready to tear it apart by hand lol! I was so mad!!

View attachment 62810

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for this!! I was able to get my cash back that fell into this abyss…still working on my debit card. Not going to try too hard though. I can always cancel and order new one!