Gap in Center Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful with the area I have marked in the photo below. I had a pack of gum sitting up there today and some doofus in front of me slammed on his brakes. I did the same and the gum slid forward into that gap and fell into the dash somewhere. It didn’t go into the cubby underneath that sliding lid, it went behind that cubby into the dash somewhere.

Just a friendly tip so you don’t end up with random junk sloshing around in your dash.

29135421168b2b700875d1a4c3243750.jpg

zarga

Reaction score
Yep. Same happened to me with an envelop of raffle tickets and cash. Fortunately the dealer fished it out for me as a goodwill gesture. Definitely a design flaw.

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And I have a $24.50 check down that hole. Sat it down there for just a minute, went to reach for it, and . . . ZIP, it disappeared

OP
OP
aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it were to fall down there and go into that little cubby, I’d actually consider that a design FEATURE; just an easy way to get something in the cubby. Oh well.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lost a dvd from redbox, but did get it out tacking the front console panels out, not an easy process. Also have I have a few bottle tops that are down there.

Reaction score
I lost an envelope with $1400 in cash and checks down there. Cut up my hands then figured out how to open it up. Glad to know it's not just me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lost an envelope with $1400 in cash and checks down there. Cut up my hands then figured out how to open it up. Glad to know it's not just me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said you figured out how to open it up; can you share your secret?

(As long as it doesn’t involve a cutting torch and a sledgehammer...although for $1400 I may even consider those options. Haha)