Gas mileage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a light foot, I'm not that bad but I definitely wouldn't say light. When you drive buses for a living you learn to put the pedal down since they take forever to get to speed. I have 209k on mine.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a light foot, I'm not that bad but I definitely wouldn't say light. When you drive buses for a living you learn to put the pedal down since they take forever to get to speed. I have 209k on mine.
Driving faster doesn't have much impact in the Expedition, but routinely stomping on it brings me to the low 13s - a 2-3 mpg loss.

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
Our 08 mileage is 16.12 combined average over the 8 years we have been tracking our gas purchases. I’d say it sounds like you do a fair bit of stop and go driving.

Herby

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Ford Expy and my current gas mpg is similar to yours, 11.5 in city and 19 on hwy. The 19 mpg was obtained by driving very, very conservatively. I drive on Cooper Evolution Tires, check my tire pressure every Monday, change my air filter at the required intervals, add Lucas Top Cylinder lubricant to my fuel and keep the truck free of clutter and unwanted items. In my opinion, we will just have to live with the MPGs we have and enjoy our trucks the best we can. We are not driving VWs.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You normally get 15 city? How?

I get 15.xx combined with mostly local driving. I don't live in the city so my non-highway driving has some stop-and-go for stop signs, lights, etc, but I don't have traffic sucking down my gas. I also go easy on the pedal and am running highway tires.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 35” Raptor tires with a lift. Mine went down so I know what i did to the mpg! Lol
What lift do you have and is there any rubbing?
I plan in putting on the rough country 2.5in spacers but it says it'll only fit 33's and I don't believe that.