Gen. 3 Transmission bump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robnelson59

Reaction score
When I bought my '07 Expy EL with 98k miles in 2020, it soon developed a transmission bump when rolling to a stop. All other shifts, up and down, worked fine. I changed the transmission fluid and filter, but no improvement. I found a Ford TSB and took it to the dealer to upgrade the computer, which eliminated the problem after 1k miles. Then last summer the alternator went out and set off a bunch of dash lights and killed the battery, like a dead short would do. The new alternator resolved all the flashing lights, but soon after, the bumping returned, and a third gear shudder when upshifting. I just added friction modifier in the transmission and now the shudder is gone but not the bumping. Does anyone know if the computer can lose its reprogrammed settings and revert back to the original ones, when something electrical malfunctions? I am going to bring it back to the dealer for a reprogramming, before replacing the transmission, but wanted to know if anyone had any similar issues and how they were resolved. Thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360