Ghetto powerfold seats~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Redneck engineered

20190829_175814.jpg 20190829_175920.jpg 20190829_180007.jpg
Foldflat solution for SSV with junkyard donor power seats (reskinned in manual fold leather covers I scored for a pittance), missing half a harness & not sure if prewired underneath anyway

Just reverse polarity to raise. Clip while jumpstarter is set to off, turn on to actuate.

20190829_180531.jpg

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Redneck engineered

View attachment 31815 View attachment 31816 View attachment 31817
Foldflat solution for SSV with junkyard donor power seats (reskinned in manual fold leather covers I scored for a pittance), missing half a harness & not sure if prewired underneath anyway

Just reverse polarity to raise. Clip while jumpstarter is set to off, turn on to actuate.

View attachment 31818

I see you have the fold/unfold switches... are you planning on adding the missing harness ?

Do you need the part number or a wiring diagram to make your own ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love ingenuity, no matter the flavor. Too many people today lack an imagination coupled with motivation& confidence.

You might want to gather that mess and install a single quick-connect plug but kudos for making it work!

FWIW: I actually looked into a custom seat install prior to buying my '17 and I learned that the plugs are in fact in place. That way, all get the same basic trunk harness and the elect seats are simply plugged in if specified for that truck.

Jeff

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see you have the fold/unfold switches... are you planning on adding the missing harness ?

Do you need the part number or a wiring diagram to make your own ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an interior with the seats plastics and harness way back when, but on closer investigation the harness was cut, I just got the half with the seatside connectors

Ended up installing with no fold and frankly no idea if I had anything to plug the other side into anyway... convinced myself I had no need for folding anyway, only got into it withy stint in a Navigator

Hmm i suppose I should see if I actually have anywhere to plug the full harness now, or run some wiring to make use of the rear charge port (probably with a hold-to-engage button or even plug-in-to-use to defeat the always-hot power supply to it)

Only really did this to see if the motors worked and the mechanisms weren't seized first before any further action

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I see you have the sub-woofer grille too. I added navigation and sub to mine that didn't have a harness.

Since the sub requires a rather large feed (12ga?) and the SSV and XLT doesn't have it, i ran one from a spare pin in the fuse box to the amp in the quarter panel. You can use that same feed for the seats.

Last edited:

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an interior with the seats plastics and harness way back when, but on closer investigation the harness was cut, I just got the half with the seatside connectors

Ended up installing with no fold and frankly no idea if I had anything to plug the other side into anyway... convinced myself I had no need for folding anyway, only got into it withy stint in a Navigator

Hmm i suppose I should see if I actually have anywhere to plug the full harness now, or run some wiring to make use of the rear charge port (probably with a hold-to-engage button or even plug-in-to-use to defeat the always-hot power supply to it)

Only really did this to see if the motors worked and the mechanisms weren't seized first before any further action

cool, ... of course the cheapest route to get that harness (switches to seats) is a self-serve junkyard. Motorcraft pigtails aren't budget friendly.

2012 Expy - 3rd Row Pwr Seat.jpg
2012 Expy - 3rd Row Pwr Seat_2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven